Have you checked out A Couple Cooks yet? If not, you need to. I found this recipe on their blog and I was so excited to try it out. I love healthy eating when it tastes good. I think so often I get excited about diet changes and then am disappointed in the flavor, or lack of. It’s so easy to default back to unhealthy habits because they taste so darn good. This recipe right here is proof that eating healthier does not need to taste terrible. It’s been said that turmeric has some super health benefits and if you aren’t interested in that, these golden muffins certain have a great taste. So much so, my son had a really hard time waiting to eat one. He literally ran behind me as I gathered everything up to get a good shot. I had to move quickly.
And apparently these muffins are so good, they are worth a hug or two. Or some admiring at the very least.
Even superheroes need a healthy diet and these fit the bill. I did make some adjustments because I was short or lacking a couple ingredients. But these are certainly a favorite and will be a repeat in our kitchen, for sure. It’s a super easy recipe too, so it’s great for those fun weekend breakfasts or the quick week morning 4am baking session that I have done before.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F. Line a muffin tin with liners and set aside.
- In a large bowl combine melted coconut oil, maple syrup, sugar. Whisk together until combined. Add in the applesauce and vanilla and whisk to combine. Add in the coconut milk and whisk again.
- Add the flour, baking powder, salt, and turmeric to the bowl and mix well to combine. Add in the fresh blueberries and mix to incorporate.
- Add the mixture to the prepared muffin tin and sprinkle the tops with turbinado sugar. Bake for 25 minutes or until they are cooked through.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely.
Slightly adapted from A Couple Cooks.